The holidays are a time for giving, but often people can be a little overgenerous during this time of year and later find themselves in financial trouble. According to a survey by Country Financial 32 percent are feeling the greatest stress around holiday finances.1
Here are our top tips for saving money during the holiday season:
- Create a Holiday Budget
- Monthly Income – Monthly Expenses = Your Holiday Budget
- Make a list of everyone you will buy for and how much you will spend on each person, then stick to it!
- Also, consider setting a gift budget for the entire year to better anticipate costs and save for additional holiday spending monthly. This will allow for smoother month-to-month budget tracking.
- Pay with Cash
- When you pay with cash, you can get a better handle on how much you are spending. You are forced to stick to your budget because you can’t spend cash you don’t have!
- Pay with Gift Cards
- There are websites and stores where you can purchase gift cards at a discounted price. Shop with them and you are automatically saving money. Shop for items on sale or at a discount store and save even more money!
For assistance with budgeting during the holidays or any time of year contact Preston Englund at (402) 461-4893 or email at .
Securities offered through IFP Securities, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advice offered through IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), a Registered Investment Adviser. IFP and Ridgeline Advisors are not affiliated.
The information given herein is taken from sources that IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), IFP Securities LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), and it advisors believe to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by us as to accuracy or completeness. This is for informational purposes only and in no event should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or products. Please consult your tax and/or legal advisor before implementing any tax and/or legal related strategies mentioned in this publication as IFP does not provide tax and/or legal advice. Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and do not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situation, or needs of individual investors. Prepared by 3rd party.
ACR# 3800817 10/21