As the winter season blankets our surroundings, it’s the perfect time to conduct a comprehensive review of your financial situation.
Adapting to Life’s Changes
Reflect on the past year and consider any shifts in your personal, family, or financial life. If changes have occurred, consider taking these steps:
- Review your beneficiary designations for accounts like qualified plans, IRAs, and life insurance.
- Examine the ownership structure of your assets, including bank accounts, brokerage accounts, and property.
- Update essential estate planning documents such as wills, trusts, power of attorney, and guardianship arrangements.
- Reevaluate your insurance coverage, including life, health, long-term care, and disability insurance.
Adjusting Your Goals
Take a moment to assess your financial goals with these questions in mind:
- Have your long-term savings goals changed, like your retirement income target or retirement date?
- Are there any adjustments to your intermediate-term savings goals, such as saving for a cozy winter retreat or college education?
- Has your ability to save changed due to shifts in income or expenses?
- Have you established new financial goals that need consideration, like saving for a winter adventure?
Preparing for the Unexpected
It’s wise to have an emergency fund in place, one that can cover your living expenses for at least three to six months, like a warm financial fire during a snowy day. It can offer peace of mind during any unexpected financial challenges that may come your way.
ACR# 6075245 11/23
Securities offered through IFP Securities, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advice offered through IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), a Registered Investment Adviser. IFP and Ridgeline Advisors are not affiliated. The information given herein is taken from sources that IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), IFP Securities LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), and its advisors believe to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by us as to accuracy or completeness. This is for informational purposes only and in no event should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or products. Please consult your tax and/or legal advisor before implementing any tax and/or legal related strategies mentioned in this publication as IFP does not provide tax and/or legal advice. Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and do not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situation, or needs of individual investors. This report may not be reproduced, distributed, or published by any person for any purpose without IFP’s express prior written consent. Prepared by 3rd party.