With the season changing and life ever pulling us forward, you may want to take into account life changes that may affect your financial goals.
Account for Changes in Your Personal Life
Have there been any changes this past year with your family, personal, or financial life? If life changes have occurred, you may want to conduct the following:
- A beneficiary designation review (qualified plans, IRAs, life insurance, etc.)
- Reviewing the titling of assets (bank accounts, brokerage accounts, property, etc.)
- Update estate planning documents (wills, trusts, power of attorney, guardianship, etc.)
- Update insurance coverage (life, health, long-term care, disability, etc.)
Updating Your Goals
Review the following list to see what adjustments may need to be made:
- Have your long-term savings goals changed (e.g., target retirement income, target retirement date)?
- Have your intermediate-term savings goals changed (e.g., vacation home, college savings, etc.)?
- Has your ability to save changed (e.g., change in income or expenses)?
- Have you set any new financial goals?
Prepare for the Unexpected
It’s highly recommended to have an emergency fund that can cover your expenses for at least three to six months. These assets can be cash, a savings account, a money market fund, or other assets that can be accessed quickly.
For assistance, contact Preston Englund at (402) 461-4893 or .
Securities offered through IFP Securities, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advice offered through IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), a Registered Investment Adviser. IFP and Englund& Lindsteadt Financial Advisors are not affiliated.
The information given herein is taken from sources that IFP Advisors, LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), IFP Securities LLC, dba Independent Financial Partners (IFP), and it advisors believe to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed by us as to accuracy or completeness. This is for informational purposes only and in no event should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or products. Please consult your tax and/or legal advisor before implementing any tax and/or legal related strategies mentioned in this publication as IFP does not provide tax and/or legal advice. Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and do not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situation, or needs of individual investors. Prepared by 3rdparty.